Responsible for making decisions around children and young people with special educational needs. They will assess the need of an Educational Health and Care plan.

The SENCO has day to day responsibility for the operation of SEN policy and the co-ordination of specific provision to support learners.

A legal document that sets out the education, health and social care needs of a child or young person.

Taking action to remove barriers to learning and put effective special educational provision in place.

EOTAS is a provision to meet needs of pupils who cannot attend a mainstream or special school. EHE is for parents who educate their children at home.

Help with the change from childhood to adulthood.

Specialist assessment, consultation and advice to enable schools to meet the needs of children.

Information for children or young people who have an Education, Health, and Care plan moving to the city. guide for young people on how to resolve special education needs and disability (SEND) disagreements.

Lists of all independent schools and colleges for children with special educational needs or disability.

Schools and colleges

A directory of schools and colleges in and around Hull.

A hand holding a pencil completing a test