New in City

Hull is currently experiencing a higher demand for special school places than available. If you or your child’s EHC plan has a special school listed in Section I, the team may need to create an interim package of education until an appropriate school placement can be sought.

If you are either considering moving to Hull or have moved into Hull you need to inform the SEND team.

The Team will be able to assist you with next steps in relation to securing the appropriate education placement or package.

Be aware the SEND Team is not legally responsible for education until the day you move into Hull. We are unable to arrange education before you officially move in.

SEND Assessment and Review Team
Hull City Council
79 Lowgate

01482 616 007

Access the Schools and Colleges directory for your education options.

Download the New in City leaflet for more information.

You can access the SEND Code of Practice on the GOV.UK website.

New in Country

The New in Country process provides support to those schools who are allocated New in Country children, with exceptionally complex health, medical and SEN needs. There is a clear eligibility criteria with a dedicated referral route. Once triaged there are 4 possible outcomes and consistent support is assigned to each possible outcome.

Downloads for New in Country

SEND Assessment and Review Team

Address: Hull City Council
79 Lowgate

Telephone: 01482 616 007