Hull City Council's website provides information about help, advice and arrangements for housing within the city.

Medical Priorities for Rehousing

If you have a medical condition or disability and your current accommodation does not meet your needs, you can apply for a medical priority. If awarded, this gives you a higher priority for rehousing on our housing list.

A medical priority is awarded when you have a medical condition or disability and your current accommodation does not meet your medical needs. If your current home meets your medical needs but you need to move for another reason, we will not award a medical priority.

Extra Care

The aim of Extra Care is to enable people aged 18 years and over to live independently for as long as possible. It provides an alternative to residential care or supported housing for people wanting their own front door but who need care and support to live in their own home.

These facilities have a mix of adults of different ages, circumstances and support needs.

Housing Associations

Registered housing providers are also known as Registered Social Landlords or Housing Associations. They provide affordable homes for people in housing need.

You can apply for the types of housing above by registering on the myHousing App.

Tenant participation

Tenant involvement is mainly for people who live in homes rented from Hull City Council, however we do also offer resident involvement for those who are interested in making their local area a better place. We offer a wide range of ways for people to get involved and you can choose the method that best suits.

Housing on Live Well Hull

The Live Well Hull website holds lots of information on housing for adults. Ranging from care homes, extra care, supported living and more.

Housing on Live Well Hull

Avocet Trust Supported Housing

Avocet Trust, provides lifetime support for vulnerable adults in a range of settings across Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire. From high quality residential care in purpose built accommodation to supported living in ordinary housing.

Avocet Trust